Sunday, October 26, 2008

Paintballing

So today was the first time I got dragged to paintballing and experienced what it feels like to be a target. It was quite the adrenaline rush, especially when trapped on the upper level of a building with three out of seven people out of ammunition. It makes one stop and think about (not that it can even be imagined) how frightening it must be for women and men who are in real combat situations. It's hard to imagine just how courageous one would have to be to sign up for the armed forces. I wonder what it would feel like to be surrounded by the enemy and by real bullets as opposed to the harmless paint filled ones that were splattering all around me. I came out of the games relatively unscathed but I looked around me at the paint stains on peoples clothing and realized how lucky we are to merely have fun playing a game. My thoughts go out to soldiers everywhere who risk their lives.

No comments: