Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lance in France

I'm wondering how I can return to France once again next summer to see Lance race in the Tour de France again. I saw him during his seventh win at the tour and getting his autograph, talking to Lance and watching him cross the finish line on several stages (including Paris) has to be one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life.
There will always be uncertainty as to whether or not Lance is a clean athlete but, that aside, I admire his courage for living his life pursuing dreams that he is passionate about. For this, he scores big points in my book. He has given back so much of his time and energy to raising funds to help fight cancer... in my opinion... this is admirable. His fight and determination on a bike is exhilarating to watch. It is a good reminder in my life that I should strive to be passionate about things as well.

No comments: